Sunday 14 July 2013

Chai with "THE CREATIVE BENT"..!!

Hey everyone..

How have you been..??
I am sorry I was out of sight for a while but I hope I was not out of your mind.. 
But look who did I bring with myself to my blog.. 

Drum Rolls Please.. THE CREATIVE BENT

Let me introduce to one of my favorite blogger friend "Swati Ailawadi". She is a proud owner of 


The blog is as amazing as she is..:) I love her blog and whenever I stop by “THE CREATIVE BENT” I always get inspired and always get a new perspective towards the things.

So without further ado I will get you acquainted with her and with her amazing blog.
Here we go:

S2S*:  Please tell me something about yourself and about your blog “The Creative Bent”?

The Creative Bent: Hello to Softwares to Stilettos readers :) I am a professional blogger from Delhi, with an accessory design background. Besides writing for brands I author my own blog -The Creative Bent. The blog talks about fashion as well as décor, and tries to provide a more logical and thoughtful perspective on both.

S2S: I love your blog so tell me what gave you inspiration to start a blog?

The Creative Bent: For The Creative Bent, I felt passionate to prove that fashion has a brainy side, unlike popular belief. And otherwise, I have always been inclined towards blogging. I have had half-baked blogs in the past- 2007 and in 2011 as well.

S2S: Well,I am a veracious reader of your blog and all your posts are so intriguing and they always have the logical side to it so is there any secret behind it, if so please reveal a little.

The Creative Bent: Haha! Well I don’t know if it’s a secret but whenever I am reading or looking at anything, I am in my reader’s shoes. The questions that come into my head are often what give me the idea for a post. I actually partly learnt this technique from another great blogger friend of mine, Shug Avery.

S2S: That is very true..!!
So what do you think about Indian Blogging Community and how does it different from other bloggers from around the world.

The Creative Bent: The best part about Indian Blogging community, right now is that it is not saturated. Yes, there are famous names around, blogs which are doing very well but none of us has reached a huge global milestone, which makes it possible for all of us to dream together. The possibility itself is thrilling.

S2S: I couldn't agree more..The Blogging is still at its initial phase in India and that is great.
Well, you and I we both know the constraints of Indian fashion so what would you like to advise an Indian Girl about the fashion?

The Creative Bent: Constraints of Indian fashion, wow that’s a post idea right there.. could I please steal it ? :P My advice will be to get creative with your dressing and define your individual style. Majorly it boils down to how you carry off something. A girl in hot pants may look dated and one in pants totally fashionable. Think out of the box.That is the key to staying fashionable when you have constraints of hem lines, necklines or a limited number of brands to shop from.

S2S: Oh thats is very true.. Its not the clothes but the person in the clothes that matters.. So what are your wardrobe staples? And what is your favorite item?

The Creative Bent: My wardrobe staple is printed pants. If I could I would stock a lot of them in various colors, silhouettes etc. But my favorite item is a maxi dress.

S2S: If you could buy anything from any store in the world what 5 things would you buy?

The Creative Bent:

  •       A statement white shirt, say from 3.1 Philip Lim or Jil Sander.
  •       Lucia Bruni Pure Bottle
  •       A gorgeous artwork from a lesser known, almost anonymous artist.
  •      Rouge G de Guerlain Jewel Lipstick
  •      Tarun Tahiliani couture for whenever wedding bells ring a few years down the line.

S2S: Those are some wonderful picks..:) What are your favorite stores and what is your favorite trend right now?

The Creative Bent: My favorite store is not here yet. I am still not in utter love..still waiting for the charming brand of my dreams lol. And favorite trend is a macro one. I love that you could mix elements from different fashion sub cultures, countries and decades. You can be feminine and androgynous together. Earlier say if you were a hippie, you were that from head to toe. Now it’s more eclectic

S2S: What is the best advice you have ever received?

The Creative Bent: Stay grateful and spend your time and energy into thinking about what you want, not worrying about what you do not want to happen.

S2S: Which 80s trend do you want to make a comeback and which current trend do you want to omit?

The Creative Bent: I loved the shoulder pads, but they are already back. And at the risk of ghastly reactions, I want the huge rockstar hair to comeback too.  I want to omit height reducing gladiator and ankle strap flats.

S2S: Who is your style icon and why?

The Creative Bent: Nobody in particular. If I like someone’s style in one outfit, the picture imprints in my head (or pinterest).But in general I am a big fan of minimalist approach to style.

S2S: Things that you can’t live without.

The Creative Bent: People to love and something interesting to do.

S2S: What would you do if you can be invisible for one day?

The Creative Bent: The Creative Bent is not creative enough to answer this one. *wink

S2S: Your dream destination and your guilty pleasure.

The Creative Bent: Paris Paris Paris J but not for the Eiffel Tower or anything… I want to roam the cobblestone paths and just take in the aura of creativity everywhere. And guilty pleasure is good food for me.

S2S: One song that you can’t get out of your head.

The Creative Bent:I love it by Icona Pop.

S2S: Ryan Gosling or Ryan Reynolds?

The Creative Bent:Both please. Lol

S2S: Gossip Girls or FRIENDS?

The Creative Bent: FRIENDS

S2S: What advice would you like to give your teen age self?

The Creative Bent: Study economics and history instead of science at school.

S2S: Now let me be little selfish and just ask you something that concerns me. What does a reader want to read when they browse through a blog.

The Creative Bent: Every blog’s readership is truly unique.  And you will be attracting a particular category only. People could be coming to you for style inspiration, gorgeous pictures or for your happening lifestyle or your honest writing style or radical thoughts.  Truly anything..! Have a look at your most engaging and traffic generating content vs the ones that didn’t do well. You will have an indicative answer.

S2S: Your blog “The Creative Bent” holds a spectacular position in Indian Blogging Community, would you like to give some tips about the blogging. Any words of wisdom?

The Creative Bent: It means a lot that you think that way for the blog. Very grateful! As for advice, I would say never under estimate the power of pictures on your blog. Whether you use pictures from the web or click yourself, remember they are as important as text. Only text will find very less takers in fashion blogging. Also, putting thought into the whole aesthetics and graphics of your blog and its USP, is essential.


I hope you enjoyed having CHAI** with THE CREATIVE BENT and I hope you will love her blog as much as I do.. 
She has wonderful insights about fashion and she is very humble person.

I am so grateful to Swati for giving me her precious time. 
and for giving us "THE CREATIVE BENT" -Click me Click me..!!
Please follow her blog and I can assure you will have a blast..!!

P.S : We didn't actually have chai(tea) together but I wish you will love to read this post with some tea and then we can all be having "CHAI with THE CREATIVE BENT".
*S2S- Softwares to Stilettos.. (I know you might be think she has lost her might.. )
**CHAI- Translation for tea..!!
Stay tuned for more CHAI posts..!!



Get Inspired..!!
Namaste..!!


24 comments:

  1. Good post! Thank you for follow ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Post, enjoyed reading!
    lerabera.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for having me here and also for all your kind words. :) It was a true pleasure interviewing for you ! Really look forward to your next post as well :)

    Swati @ The Creative Bent

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice interview ! I am happy seeing Swati getting love in her own country. I really appreciate each of her post because they are in no way superficial so she really succeeded in providing fashion content with a substance whilst making me discover India, a country I totally don't know but now learn knowing thanks to her !

    Thank you for mentioning my name and I am so happy one of my piece of advice was useful to you (and hopefully will be for other bloggers !) :D !

    Shug Avery of Incognito

    http://www.thinkincognito-eng.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the interview! Would you like to follow eachother via GCF?

    let me know :)

    dontcoralwithme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. had fun reading this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey,
    nice post.. would you like to follow each other..!!
    Keep in touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. fine post i really like your blog is so intresting

    if u can look to my blog
    majkamoryn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Had a lot of fun reading this post, it's so interesting!

    Would you like to follow each other on GFC/Bloglovin? Let me know, I'll follow right back! Junniku blog [Click!]
    - A Korean fashion, beauty and lifestyle blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this CHAI post! would you like to follwo eachother?
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. It seems funny!Shall we follow each other? i love comment and browse blogs i followed!
    XOXO
    Poppy:
    http://me-poppy.blogspot.com
    Pls leave a message if u follow me , i will follow back soon~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post!! Thanks for sharing..

    Please visit my blog..

    http://polkaanddots.blogspot.co.uk/

    Brittany, xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful blog dear :) Please follow me colorfulthoughts

    ReplyDelete
  14. http://loveelii.blogspot.com


    Cute post :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow lovely!
    www.supongoestilo.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey,
    nice post.. would you like to follow each other.!!!
    Keep in touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. nice blog!

    Would you like follow each other?:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey there, I really love your blog and it’d be great if we followed each other.
    Let me know on my blog?
    Thanks, much love Sarah x

    sarahamyruth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. very nice :))))
    http://carolineepe.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi! I like your blog and I was wondering if you would like to follow each other :)

    ♥Stacey Nguyen
    www.trendyoutings.com

    I also have a giveaway (about $160 worth of stuff!)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaPpWl2rNYo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, very interesting interview!! Like this post, thanks!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just started a fashion blog recently and would love for you to check it out :) Follow me on GFC and bloglovin? I'll follow you back xx

    choosfashion.blogspot.com

    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/9066911

    ReplyDelete

  23. يجعل بدلة أنيقة يمكنك أن تصبح أكثر نضجاً وجاذبية، إذا أردت، ثم انقر هنا

    كل حلة بيضاء

    ReplyDelete