The Number is 35..!!
Don't be shocked... with 35 pieces I can make outfits that one can wear for 4 to 5 months without repeating any outfit..
Do you want to know the secret???
They say "Necessity is the mother of Invention". I believe it and its true but I like my version of it..
i.e."Necessity is the mother of Invention of New outfits".
Well...you can't own style or create your own with a closet full of clothes and with all the resources. Just imagine if you have privilege to shop everyday and (...let me sink into the feeling for a moment..
... almost back from my moment.... .
.........................................................now I am back.. )
So what I would do is that go to a store and shop for the outfit and trust me that ways I can never build my own style.
Its the adversity that creates "the LEGENDS"...
so with that thought I am going to answer my question. : HOW MUCH DO WE NEED??
- JEANS :: Black,Blue,White and one colored pair.. (makes it 4)
- TOPS/BLOUSES: 10 blouses of different colors..(7 colors of rainbow or their variations and one black,grey and white each.. )
- T-shirts: 4 graphic shirts or 5 t-shirts..
An average person can keep record of things for a limited period.. so even if you wear t-shirts for two consecutive weekends and next sunday you wear it in other way nobody will remember..
You doubt me..So answer me "what did you eat last to last sunday? " or what did your colleague wore on 25th of March???
I couldn't answer for sure.. so if you can't noone can..until they are John Nash.
- Pants/Trousers: Khakhi,Black,Blue and one other color (4 in number)
- Dresses: One LBD, one red/or smoking hot color, 1 white/pastel colored, 2 summer dress and 1 maxi dress
(Well I have only 3 and I am happy with them because I am more into jeans...)
- Blazer: Classic Black, Tuxedo white blazer, Bright colored blazer and printed Blazer
- Cardigans: 2 or 3 basic colored(black/white/grey) and one fun colored.
- Shirts: 1 white,1 black,1 navy 1 grey and 1 or 2 of your favorite color.
- Skirt: 4(Pencil skirt, balloon skirt, maxi skirt and one of your favorite design)
- Scarves: 4.. 1 printed, 1 plain bright colored(i ordered emerald just now. !!) 1 light colored and 1 that goes with everything.
SO by applying simple combination I can say we can have enough clothes..
35 to 40 pieces can make outfits for two months.. :) when mixed and matched properly..
Let me show it mathematically..::
1 pair of jean can be worn with 20 upper wears which includes tops,blouses,shirts minimum.
So that makes outfit for 20 days..
And those 20 outfits can be further paired with 4 Blazers, 4 cardigans and with 1 scarf atleast.
that completes 28 days...
Now you have 4 jeans that makes 4*28=112 outfits. (thats more than 3 months) Okay lets assume 90 outfits.. keeping the fact in mind that everything doesn't go with everything..
But thats where we all make mistake..why can't we buy sensibly and why can't we make it work...!!
Similarly 1 blouse has 4 skirts + 4 jeans+4 trousers to be paired with,that means one blouse can be worn with 12 bottoms atleast.. I am not even included layering...double layering and not even bringing the dresses in the picture..
So 10 blouses can make 120 outfits when only worn with bottoms..no blazers..no cardigans..no scarves..
Same is the case with all the other garments...
And I agree we can't make everything work but thats where innovation comes in mind..
The secret is "THINK BEFORE YOU SHOP"
I will suggest to go through whole wardrobe before going to shopping..
SO when YOU GO SHOPPING NEXT TIME DON'T BUY A PIECE FOR ONE BOTTOM OR BLOUSE...CHOOSE THE COLOR WISELY AND MAKE LOTS OF OUTFITS..
I know what I will be doing this weekend I am going to click pictures of my clothes and start making outfits.
I hope you agree with me.
Please let me know what you think about this post..!!